Product Manager Parts
Defines, executes and monitors product line performance and strategies to achieve sales and profit objectives through management of the product assortment, supplier relationships, inventory levels, pricing and promotion.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Determine scope of offering, branding, distribution and pricing strategy for each product program
- Promote PACCAR Genuine, DAF and TRP brand initiatives, including support for TRP Retail Stores
- Work with Aftermarket Purchasing and suppliers to negotiate cost reduction and program support elements of PACCAR Long Term Agreements
- Support Materials and Operations with new product introductions through communication of project timing and demand forecasts
- Collaborate with Sales to promote new products and convert dealer and fleet business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing a range of products in a competitive business-to-business environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
- You are result-oriented with strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Must be accustomed to achieving goals while maintaining exceptional customer service and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong PC skills are required.
- Must be fluent in English and preferably speak German and French as well.
- Knowledge of truck components, aftermarket sales and parts distribution are preferred.
PACCAR Parts Europe (PPE) reports to the PACCAR Parts Division in North America. PPE works closely with DAF Trucks in Europe in order to grow the sales of spare parts to over 1,000 DAF dealers, TRP stores and customers around the world. To satisfy our customers’ ‘one stop shop’ requirement, PACCAR Parts sells DAF branded parts for DAF truck applications, PACCAR branded parts for PACCAR engine applications and TRP and vendor branded parts for applications on other brands of trucks, trailers and workshop items. PPE has employees in all major European markets and PACCAR Distributions Centers (PDC) in Eindhoven, Leyland, Madrid, Budapest and Moscow.
The Product Management department at PACCAR Parts Europe is responsible for maintaining and managing the product assortment for all brands of parts. This ranges from identifying the need for expansions on the assortment, working with the Purchasing department to select suppliers, optimizing the marketing mix of logistics, pricing and promotion with the respective supporting departments and ensuring the continued sales success in the market together with the Sales department.
PACCAR Parts Europe offers you an inspiring and challenging work environment. Due to the high visibility of the job, it can also serve as a perfect role to, over time; develop yourself further into different roles within PACCAR Parts or DAF. If you like to work in an organization with a no-nonsense culture with ambition, then DAF/PACCAR is the employer for you.
DAF/PACCAR offers you, in addition to a good salary, also an interesting package including:
- 36-hour week
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- Flexible working hours
- 8% holiday allowance
- Group health insurance and retirement plan.