- Board of Management
- DAF Worldwide
- Facts & Figures
- Products and Services
- News and Media
Working at DAF
- Young professionals
- Meet your colleagues
- DAF as employer
Driving & Performance
Do you believe we ought to be taking better care of the environment?
If so, you can start right away and even cut down on your costs at the same time.
- Reducing the maximum speed for international transport from 89 to 85 kmph can lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by 3 to 4%.
- An optimal spoiler angle can result in savings of up to 10%.
- The correct tyre pressure can improve rolling resistance and save on fuel. Tyre pressure on a combination that is 20% too low can lead to 8% more rolling resistance and 2.5% more fuel consumption.
- Drivers who have participated in the DAF EcoDrive driver training programme generally use less fuel and achieve a reduction of 3 to 5% in CO2 emissions.
- When ordering a closed body for the DAF LF, consider the Aerobody. Thanks to its aerodynamic construction, it is up to 8% more efficient at a cruising speed of 85 kmph. Which also means an 8% reduction in CO2 emissions.
- DAF Connect, the online fleet management system that monitors the performance of your fleet and drivers in real time, can achieve a CO2 reduction of 2%.
- Do you still have Euro 5 vehicles in your fleet? Trade them in for the newest generation of LF, CF and XF models and benefit from a reduction in CO2 emissions of up to 10%. Not to mention an 80% reduction in NOx and a 66% reduction in fine particles. And the benefits attached to trading in your old Euro 4, Euro 3 or older vehicles are even greater.