Cab Interior Development Engineer
Experienced product developer automotive interior
For the Interior & Trim group, part of the Cabin Development department, we are looking for an Interior Development Engineer.
As Interior Development Engineer you will get the responsibility of a group of mainly plastic parts in the truck cab from definition until release of these products.
- Develop a group of mainly injection molded plastic parts in the cabin interior;
- Take the lead in the coordination between the DAF Design Centre, development partners, suppliers, Purchasing and Production Engineering;
- Work according to the DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodology from definition phase through concept design to the final result in a multidisciplinary team;
- Monitor the technical and functional status and progress through design reviews and risk reduction activities;
- Translate market requirements and technical challenges into successful products.
As Interior Development Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor Interior & Trim.
- Bachelor or Master in Industrial Product Design or Automotive/Mechanical Engineering;
- Preferably 3 years’ experience as a design engineer in the automotive industry;
- Solid knowledge of injection molded plastic products;
- Experience with CAD systems, preferably NX;
- Able to convert technical challenges in realistic products;
- Decisive, independent and passionate;
- Can work well in a team;
- Fluent in English and preferably German.
The Cabin Development Division consists of three engineering groups: Body & Exterior, Dashboard and Interior & Trim. Together they are responsible for the realization of (sub) projects for the entire cab. Projects are realized in cooperation with various suppliers and a number of major development partners, but the DAF engineer always has the final responsibility in the concept definition and realization.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!