Embedded Software Engineer
Software Engineer who takes responsibility and plays a key role in making our trucks safer and environment friendlier
Do you want to develop software in a full model based software environment for embedded controllers?
Do you want to play a key role in developing software, in particular application software, to enable DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by lowering cost of operation, making trucks safer to drive and environment friendlier?
For Embedded Engineering, part of DAF Product Development, we are searching for an Embedded Software Engineer.
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story / feature
- Understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Designs for (manual and automated) testability
- Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
- Identifies impediments and sorts it out (with support from the scrum master where required)
- Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and knowledge sharing)
- Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected.
As Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the Supervisor Platform Development - Software Engineering.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with model based software environments such as Simulink and knowledge of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Preferably experience with automotive standards such as ISO26262 and with developing AUTOSAR Software Components
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch language
- Soft skills: Ability to collaborate well in teams & across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable and self-organizing
- A proactive workstyle & adapt to change
You will be part of the Platform Development team of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Embedded Engineering has over 120 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers. Our full model based software development process is unique in the industry.
Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
If you are part of DAF Embedded Engineering you will also have the chance to join our Hackathon, which will be organized two times a year. Here you'll find a recap of our first Hackathon, organized in November 2018.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour work week;
- 27 vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variablebonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!