Assignment: Should Cost model for hardware with embedded software
In the Material Cost Excellence (MCE) program, Should Cost Calculations are an important tool to create understanding and transparency on the cost of purchased goods in order to get to the best Truck at the best Price. Cost models for castings, sheet metal components and plastics are already common practice. The capabilities for should costing hardware with embedded software however still needs to grow. Therefore, a general study has been executed to get a better understanding of the main software cost drivers and the available theoretical and commercial software cost models. As next step we would like to apply this theoretical knowledge by setting up a cost model for some actual DAF Truck parts with embedded software (e.g. ECU (Engine Control Unit)).
For this assignment we are looking for a Bachelor student Industrial-, Software Engineer
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.