Privacy statement for applicants
Version 1.0 February 20, 2020
We consider the protection of your personal data and transparency about the way in which your data is used by us of great importance. We have therefore prepared this statement to inform you about how we handle your personal data.
We inform you in this statement about;
- which personal data we collect from you;
- For what purpose this data is used by us;
- On what lawful basis these data may be used by us;
- With what parties these data are shared by us;
- How we protect your personal data; and
- What rights you have with regard to your personal data.
This privacy statement applies to personal data collected by entities and subsidiaries of PACCAR Holding B.V., including DAF entities, Leyland and PACCAR Financial entities (hereinafter referred to as: DAF). When we collect personal information from you in a context other than this website, we provide more specific information as needed, in addition to the information provided in this statement.
This statement was last updated on February 20, 2020 and will be regularly reviewed and updated.
We have done our best to make this statement as concrete and complete as possible. Please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement: email@example.com.
2. Our commitment to your privacy
We are committed to handling your personal data with care. We use the data according to appropriate security standards and delete the data as soon as we no longer need it. We only collect the personal data that we need to achieve the purposes that have been communicated to you. Finally, we make sure that your data is correct and up to date.
3. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The entities and subsidiaries of PACCAR Holding B.V. are the controllers with regard to the processing of your personal data. This privacy statement contains contact details in case you want to exercise your rights regarding the personal data we have collected from you. In this statement, “PACCAR”, “we”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to the entities and subsidiaries of PACCAR Holding B.V., such as DAF entities, Leyland and PACCAR Financial entities.
As a controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), DAF collects the personal data you provide (“Personal Data”). DAF uses this information to process your application.
4. What information does DAF collect and process?
In the application process the following personal data of applicants who respond to vacancies at DAF, is collected and processed: online application form, name, initials, surname, address, postal code, city, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, place of birth, gender, nationality, motivation letter, curriculum vitae, possible video message, questionnaires and the selection assessment. If you are going to work for us (directly or through a hiring agency), we will add your nationality, citizen service number, proof of ID (only when you start working), work permit and other required data related to personnel, salary and absenteeism registration.
5. For what purposes will DAF use the personal data?
DAF will use the information for the following purposes:
- To be able to process your application and share your data with the manager who has a vacancy;
- To include you in a candidate list (portfolio) if you have given permission for this;
- To inform you about other vacancies if you have created a job alert;
- To prepare anonymous statistical data such as the number of applicants per vacancy and the throughput speed of vacancies;
- To adjust and improve the recruitment and selection process.
- The basis on which we process your personal data in the application process is legitimate interest.
DAF does not store personal data longer than necessary for the application process. The data is only accessible to those directly involved in an application process. After an application, the data is anonymized after 30 days by default so it is no longer to be considered personal data. This means that data is removed from our file or possibly stored as data that cannot be traced to a person for reporting purposes. Personal data can be stored longer for future career opportunities within DAF. With permission, we keep data for a maximum of 12 months after the end of an application procedure.
DAF works with professional partners (processors) to conduct assessments, with whom a processing agreement has been concluded. The assessment data is only accessible to those directly involved in the application and / or promotion of the employee.
Use by third parties
DAF can provide your data to third parties outside the PACCAR group if we are obliged to do so on the basis of legal provisions, we are obliged to do so as a result of a lawsuit and / or if we deem it necessary to protect our own rights.
6. How does DAF protect your Personal Data
- DAF will process your Personal Data in a proper and careful manner, and in accordance with the law.
- DAF requires that you fill in the details on the online application form, which is marked with an asterisk (*). It is not mandatory to fill in the data without an asterisk (*).
- DAF will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against loss or any form of unlawful processing.
- DAF will immediately remove your personal data from the database as soon as you request it. You can forward this request to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In any case, DAF will delete your personal data within 4 weeks after the end of the application period. If you have agreed to be included in a candidate list or portfolio, your personal data will in any case be deleted within 1 year of being included in the candidate list or portfolio.
7. How far does DAF's responsibility extend?
This Privacy Statement relates to Personal Data obtained via the DAF websites or via email or post.
8. Can minors apply to DAF?
Minors who respond to vacancies, internships or events must have parental or legal guardian permission. When we process your personal data, you have a number of rights that you can exercise at any time. We have included an overview of these rights below and we have indicated what this means for you. You can exercise your rights by contacting email@example.com.
9. What rights do you have?
Questions and requests for access, correction and deletion of your personal data.
If you want information about the personal data that DAF processes about you, we can only provide this information when it is sufficiently clear who you are (identify) and that you are actually the person you say you are (authenticate). You have a number of statutory rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right to be informed about your personal data processed by us.
- Right to submit a request for correction or deletion of your personal data.
- Right to object (objection) to certain ways of using your personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to complain directly to the data protection authority in your country about how we process your personal data.
10. Can this Privacy statement be changed?
This Privacy statement is subject to change. These changes will be announced on this website.
11 Transfer outside the EU
DAF can provide personal data to parties outside the EEA. This concerns, for example, other parts of the PACCAR concern of which DAF is a part. It is also possible that personal data is temporarily stored in systems hosted in countries outside the EEA.
If you have any questions about these Privacy Regulations, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.