Senior CAE Expert - Vehicle Acoustics
Key player in optimizing vehicle concepts by numerical simulations with focus on acoustics
For the Technical Analysis department we are looking for a Senior Expert CAE simulations with experience or strong affinity to the domain vehicle acoustics. The vehicle acoustics domain covers both noise reductions to meet exterior noise requirements and optimization of cabin interior noise and sound quality. You will perform a leading role in the advanced numerical simulations with respect to analysing and optimizing the vehicle concepts to support the development in new vehicle projects. Next to acoustics, you can be assigned to other vehicle performance aspects like energy management and vehicle dynamics.
You are responsible for:
- Defining and managing CAE simulation plans in definition, concept and engineering phase of development projects;
- Aligning the deliverables and activities in these verification and validation plans with Vehicle Definition, Vehicle Testing and Vehicle Engineering departments;
- Performing numerical simulations and fundamental analyses on complete vehicle concepts/designs but also on system designs;
- Processing the analyses to conclusions and design recommendations/guidelines including reporting on technical as well as management level;
- Maintaining the domain knowledge by following the new technologies at external institutes/companies in the field of vehicle acoustics (simulations);
- Maintaining and improving the CAE capabilities by introducing and implementing new methods and processes at DAF and other PACCAR divisions.
As Senior CAE Expert you will report to the Engineering Supervisor Technical Analysis.
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive/Aerospace Engineering or Applied Physics;
- At least 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in Automotive Industry;
- Experience in numerical (acoustic) simulations and good theoretical background on acoustics and modal analysis;
- Excellent analytic skills;
- Effective communication skills in the Dutch and English language;
- A customer oriented team player with a proactive and result driven workstyle.
This Technical Analysis department consists of a team of experts, responsible for the numerical verification and validations of new vehicle concepts and designs within the Product Development division. By means of CAE simulations, these new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: fuel economy and CO2 emission, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, vehicle handling, crash safety, durability. These simulations support the design process from the first concept ideas to the final validation and sign-off of the truck design.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus-based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.