Control Engineer Zero Emission Powertrain Systems
You will play a key role in the development of advanced control functions for zero emission powertrain systems for our next generation zero emission trucks
The control engineer has knowledge of state-of-art modelling techniques and control theory. You are able to transfer this knowledge into appropriate algorithms which integrate and operate powertrain components in the most optimal way in the high voltage system of the truck. Having extended knowledge (or willingness to build-up this knowledge) of Zero-Emission Powertrain Components and Automotive high voltage systems is mandatory.
You will be developing control functions in a multidisciplinary team and take the lead for specifying, designing and realizing control functions in particular for components like high voltage batteries, traction motor, plug-in charging and fuel cell systems.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into effective control concepts;
- Initiate, coordinate and report progress of your projects to stakeholders in a multidisciplinary team
- Design and verify control concepts using SIL, HIL or RCP on a vehicle
- Unambiguous documentation of controller requirements for smooth handover to the Embedded Controls department
- Master degree in the Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proven track-record in control function development - Preferably for automotive applications
- Extensive knowledge of Matlab, Simulink and control toolboxes
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form
- Pre: Experience in SAE J1939 CAN, CAN-FD, Functional Safety and Cyber Security
- Pre: Doors Next Generation and dSpace tools experience
If you have a matching profile but it does not meet all the job requirements, we ask you to apply anyway.
The Controls team is a dedicated group within the Integration department from PACCAR Global Battery Powertrain. The team defines and develops all the powertrain related control functions for zero-emission trucks (i.e. battery electric trucks as well as fuel cell trucks). As a team we work in several projects serving all PACCAR divisions realizing trucks with the nameplate Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
• A 36-hour workweek
• 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
• A variable bonus, based on DAF results
• A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours)
• A good retirement plan and group health insurance
• Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses
Drive your career, join DAF!