Commodity Unit Manager, Budapest (Hungary)
Commodity Unit Manager for truck parts
As a Commodity Unit Manager you are responsible for managing and coaching a team of professional buyers in the field of truck parts. You take care of the supplier selections that arise from new product projects or supply chain optimizations. You coordinate your plans with colleagues in the Netherlands, America, Brazil, China and India. You are driven towards continuous improvement and synergy. The integration of Six Sigma and Material Cost Excellence principles has your constant attention.
- You are responsible for the total procurement process of truck parts and the supply chain management strategy of your team
- You monitor the commercial results, KPIs and prepare progress reports from your purchasing team
- You maintain relationships with suppliers and take action when necessary
- You closely follow the national and international market developments within your field
- You are a coach for your employees and you are actively working on their development
- You create an effective team; high performance & learning environment
- You show passion, drive & initiative
- You have a completed bachelor or university degree
- You preferably have several years of experience as a buyer and / or manager in the (Hungarian) automotive industry or in a similar technical environment
- You have a strong commercial attitude and good communication skills in English and Hungarian
- You have experience with situational leadership
Working at the PACCAR Purchasing department takes place in an international, challenging and inspiring environment. The professional selection of suppliers and the management of relationships with our current suppliers is essential for continued success for our company. The purchasing process is of strategic importance for DAF Trucks. This is evident from the fact that 75% of the costs of a truck are purchased. As a Commodity Unit Manager in Budapest you lead a procurement team and you play a central role in this process.
This position is graded in Hungarian salary grades.