Commodity Manager Logistics
A logistic discussion partner with good negotiating skills.
As a purchaser logistics, also known as a Purchasing Manager Logistics (internally called a Commodity Manager Logistics), you are responsible for the entire purchasing process of transport and logistic service activities. As a Purchasing Manager Logistics, you are involved in the development process for new processes and services from an early stage and you are the link between external suppliers and internal customers.
- You are responsible for selecting suppliers and carry out contract negotiations. This is done by focusing on quality, price and reliability of supply;
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continuous improvement from your suppliers;
- You strive to involve suppliers as early as possible in our development processes;
- You also continuously undertake market research and benchmarking in order to benefit from new trends in the global supplier market.
- You have a completed bachelor or master degree;
- NEVI 1 and 2 diplomas are preferred;
- Preferably several years' experience in purchasing and have in-depth knowledge of logistics and the market. You may also have gained experience in Transport or Logistics in a different role;
- You have experience in working internationally and a good knowledge of English and Dutch;
- You have good communication skills and are entrepreneurial.
The Purchasing Non Product Related department consists of 15 employees and is responsible for the purchase of all goods and services, which are not directly incorporated in the final product. Within this department there is a distinction between various product groups such as; Logistics & Supply Chain Engineering, Marketing & Sales, IT, HR, Facility Services, Maintenance Repair Operations supplies (MRO) and Capital & Investment.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A good retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!