Account Manager Component Sales
As Account Manager you are the "spider in the web" for the Component Sales business with the "Powered by DAF" Original Equipment Manufacturer
You are the primary point of contact for the OEMs assigned to you. You are responsible for all activities in the field of sales, products, services, after sales, logistics, prices, contracts and payments.
- You draw up account plans based on sales plans for and with the OEM's
- You ensure the realization of the plans and associated turnover and profit
- You initiate and organize development processes to engineer the DAF components in the vehicles. To achieve this, you work in multidisciplinary teams including Sales Engineers
- You constantly exchange information with the OEM regarding product and service development
- You initiate new business opportunities and make and draw up plans for the further development of the OEM business with the PACCAR-DAF products
As Account Manager you report to the Director DAF Components.
- An enthusiastic sales drive with a completed education at HBO or WO level in a commercial direction
- Understanding and supporting the importance of After Sales as key for success in sales
- Several years of commercial B-to-B experience within the coach & bus, special trucks, agriculture, industry and marine
- Knowledge in the field of vehicle component applications
- Very good command of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing, possibly supplemented with French and/or Spanish as an advantage
The Component Sales department within DAF Marketing & Sales is responsible worldwide for the sale of main components (engines, axles, cabs) to OEMs. The business includes the coach & bus, special trucks, agriculture, industry and marine segments. Europe, the Middle East (incl. Turkiye) and North & South America as well as Asia are included sales areas. The objective is to achieve major and structural growth in the coming years in both existing and further sales areas, including South and North America, with both existing and new OEMs.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.