Regional Sales Manager (PACCAR Parts)
A sales leadership position in PACCAR Parts Europe with responsibility for the leadership, development and results of the assigned international region of “Southern Europe”
As Regional Sales Manager (RSM) you and your team are responsible for the leadership, management and results of spare parts sales to the DAF & TRP dealer network and fleet customers in DAF’s markets with a focus to achieve PACCAR Parts sales, profit and business goals within your international region. The Regional Sales Manager is a senior position within the Parts Sales organization, in addition to business goal attainments, he/she is expected to show model behavior and performance within the company.
Your primary responsibility will always include achieving PACCAR Parts sales and profit goals, but there is no shortage of other business goals to develop fleet sales, TRP, digital and service sales channels, and electrification. As well as to manage and lead the Country Parts Managers (CPM), District Parts Managers (DPM), Fleet Sales Managers (FSM), and Sales Support of the countries in the assigned region.
You will frequently visit the sales units, major dealers and key customers to build strong relations, understand market conditions and discover business opportunities. The position reports to the European Sales Director PACCAR Parts Europe.
The PPE Southern Europe region currently covers: France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Italy. Regions are occasionally adjusted to best suit the RSM team.
- Lead and take responsibility for the sales growth in the assigned region
- Assure optimal execution of the PPE strategy and drive initiatives in your assigned markets, working closely with PACCAR departments and local teams
- Be a senior contact and advisor for the DAF Sales Unit MD's, Country Parts Managers (CPM), and dealer group owners/directors on subjects including parts organization, financial indicators and business development
- Manage and develop the team(s) in sales related activities, ensure sales and profit goals
- Manage sales priorities, sales support activities and roll-out of new programs, systems and tools
- Develop your regional sales plan and execution. Including dealer and fleet level growth plans and targets
- Responsible for the regional budget for Marketing & Sales initiatives
- Coach and develop an effective sales organization within your region. Establish expectations and lead your team to success
For this position we are looking for an experienced, action and solution oriented, result focused, independent, enthusiastic and highly motivated leader. A strong understanding and ability to communicate and influence people and organizations in multiple cultures. Brining an extensive knowledge of and experience in the truck, transport and/or commercial parts industry from a business and understanding related business environment.
You have the ability to plan, prioritize and implement sales development plans throughout your region to support the PPE goals and drive you and your team to success. Willingness to travel frequently to the assigned DAF sales units and dealers.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field experience, Master’s degree is preferred.
- >15 years of relevant experience in commercial trucks or related industry.
- Track record in commercial vehicle aftersales business and an affinity with this business sector.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, ability to present to senior management at DAF/PACCAR and dealer groups.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, sales management and execution.
- Result driven self-starter with initiative, creativity and ability to influence.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and issue resolution skills.
- Fluent proficiency in English, additional languages strongly preferred relating to the region.
PACCAR Parts Europe (PPE) and DAF Trucks N.V. are part of PACCAR Inc. PPE works closely with DAF Trucks in Europe in order to grow the sales of spare parts to over 1,000 DAF dealers, TRP stores and customers around the world. To satisfy our customers’ ‘one-stop shop’ requirement, PACCAR Parts develops digital services like eCommerce and PPFS, to increase sales of DAF parts for DAF truck applications, PACCAR parts for PACCAR engine applications and TRP and vendor branded parts for applications on multiple brands of trucks, trailers and workshop items. PPE has employees in all major European markets and PACCAR Distributions Centers (PDC) in Eindhoven, Leyland, Madrid, Budapest, Ponta Grossa and Panama.
At PPE/DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour work week;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- 8% holiday allowance
- Incentive Compensation based on your regions results
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A good retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses