Mechanical Expert Engine Hardware
Technical team player with strong communication skills, who will develop Fuel Injection Equipment for our future engines
As Mechanical Expert, in a team of two engineers and one Line Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the development and releases of the engine hardware of the Fuel Injection Equipment (FIE), in close cooperation with suppliers.
- Coordinate development of new and/or improvement of existing designs in cooperation with internal stakeholders from different departments and external suppliers.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in close cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deliverables within the project.
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start follow-up activities if needed
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor validation and releases, in line with project milestones.
- Ensure the components meet their requirements with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- Analyse results and make detailed technical proposals incl. presenting to management.
As Mechanical Expert Fuel Injection Equipment, you report to the Line Lead Engineer FIE (informal) and to the Supervisor of the FIE-TU group (formal).
- Bachelor or Master degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Min. 3 years of mechanical/hardware experience, preferably within Engine Development and High Pressure Diesel Fuel systems;
- Knowledge of Design For Six Sigma is a pre;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre; willingness to learn Dutch is mandatory;
- Collegiate attitude, great communication skills and a strong technical insight;
- You can set priorities and you have strong planning and organizational skills;
- Pro activeness is your key to get on top of the job.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine & aftertreatment development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and aftertreatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Hardware & Design is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and aftertreatment systems and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection Equipment & Turbo (FIE-TU), Base Engine, Engine Auxiliaries and Aftertreatment.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!