IT data processing specialist
You are the IT counterpart that identifies the needs of our business partners to process and analyze data.
- You are the IT counterpart for researchers, engineers, data scientists and analysts within the different business areas of DAF Trucks.
- You identify the needs of our business partners to process and analyze data.
- You apply both traditional data warehousing / ETL as well as modern technologies to process huge amounts of data like Hadoop, Massive Parallel Processing and Spark.
- You determine and propagate how these data processing techniques contribute to our business in order to solve complex business problems
- You set up and demonstrate showcases on the applications of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Services to demonstrate the possibilities of these technologies.
- Together with our architects and software engineers you pro-actively contribute to the development of our BI and analytics capabilities and ensure its readiness for future initiatives.
For this challenging job we are looking for candidates with at least a Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Applied Physics/Mathematics or equivalent. You are a team player, highly analytical, inspiring, results-oriented and well equipped to face the next technology challenges and opportunities. You can think out-of-the-box and have a hands-on approach to get things done. You are an effective communicator, both verbal and in writing, and your English is fluent.
Experience in the following area’s is required:
- Statistical methods and techniques and the application into operational models
- Big data and MPP techniques like Hadoop (jupyter), Spark (Databricks) or equivalent
- Multiple programming languages: Python and/or R, and/or Scala, (T-)SQL. (C# and or Powershell is a pre)
- Azure and/or AWS Cloud technologies in particular integrating PaaS services from both CSP
- Knowledge and experience with Agile/scrum/DevOps and working with CI/CD pipelines
- A thorough understanding of relational data modelling
IT Europe is responsible for the development, implementation and support of Information Systems, used by DAF, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Due to an increasing demand of Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions, a dedicated BI & BA team has been setup within ITD to deliver the required knowledge and solutions to our business. This function resides within this team.
DAF Trucks N.V. offers you an inspiring and challenging work environment where safety comes first. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. A career with a lot of growth potential. If you like to work in an organization with a no-nonsense culture with ambition, then DAF is the right employer for you . DAF offers you, in addition to a competitive salary, an interesting package of secondary benefits like:
- a 36-hour week
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- Flexible working hours
- 8 % holiday allowance
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Group health insurance and retirement plan
- DAF Profit Sharing Plan