Internship assignment: Software Artifact Management
We want to professionalize our inter departmental artifact management
At DAF, we develop software for our engine and vehicle controllers in a controlled and structured way. However, before the software can be flashed on a truck, our software artifacts (binaries and documentation) pass through other departments like testing who’s task it is to verify the software behaves as expected. With this assignment, we want to professionalize our inter departmental artifact management.
This task includes:
- Study current way of releasing our engine and vehicle software to other departments
- Identify stakeholders and the needs and wishes of every stakeholder - which artifacts do they need (e.g. release notes, calibration files, binary itself)?
- Alignment with different teams and departments within DAF (Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
- Streamlining deliveries to other departments
- Investigate tooling like JFrog Artifactory
- Present your solution to DAF management
- Integrate your solution within our existing DevOps environment
- Some artifacts like release notes are manually copied from our tasks management systems. Our quality of our releases can be improved by automating this.
- Improvement of artifacts to needs and wishes of other departments
- Alignment with different teams within PACCAR, for example at Kenworth (Kirkland, WA, USA)
For this assignment we are looking for a Bachelor student ICT, Computer Science or Software Engineering. You possess the following competences: cooperation, creativity, planning and organizing, problem analysis.
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our awesome new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Our full model driven software development process is unique in the industry.
You can read testimonies of our software engineers at https://www.daf.com/en/working-at-daf/meet-your-colleagues/embedded-engineers-hubert-erik-en-luuk and at https://www.daf.com/en/working-at-daf/meet-your-colleagues/ruud-van-den-boomen
Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India and has over 120 highly skilled people today. Together we deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- An internship wage of €250,- (MBO) , € 375,- (HBO) or € 450,- (WO) per month on Full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!