HBO stage: Tribological effects on the camshaft-pin-rollers system
We are looking for a chemistry or engineering student.
The aim of this project is gain understanding of the tribological effects on the camshaft-pin-rollers system for MX13 MY19 FIE ( fuel injection equipment) .
There is a need to understand the system in detail because of the amount of failures in the field for MX13-MY19 have increased in the last years. The FIE cams receive fuel at higher pressure than the Exhaust and Intake cams.
There could be many reasons for the increase of field failures: power of the engine, lubrication, misalignment. There could be a combination of several reasons to increase the failure rate. We will focus on the interaction between camshaft-roller and roller-pin because according to data analysis it seems to be a main contributor for the failure.
The creation of a data base in which we register all the tribological changes, could give us an idea about the type of failure and drive us to the root cause. The creation of a data base will provide us with data for modeling.
Start date: 01-09-2021
- You are a chemistry or engineering student.
- You have technical/ scientific knowledge
The Central laboratory is divided in two specialty: Metals and Non metals
We perform analysis of all the parts inside the truck. Parts that have been tested to see if they comply with specifications, parts from the field, coatings, oils. We assure that the parts are according with DAF standards and help with the selection of new materials, new production process. Our department is a research department on which it relies the Product Development.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.