Graduation assignment: Success factors for Agile Implementation
Many companies have started their agile Journey, but what makes some successful and others less so?
Many companies have started their agile Journey: they have started implementing agile practices and fostering an agile culture. These journeys however lead to mixed results. While some companies achieve agile maturity very fast and with great results, other have more difficulty in achieving the proposed benefits of working agile. Insight is needed into what factors determine this difference in success.
Research question: What factors determine the success of implementing agile practices in an IT environment?
- Map the agile journey at different companies and departments;
- Compare maturity of companies and departments both in agile practices and achieved benefits;
- Interview experts on agile implementation;
- Create a model that explains difference in success between agile journeys.
For this assignment we are looking for a WO level student fluent in Dutch and English.
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems for our users in Europe for DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe, more than 250 IT professionals are employed.
The software center is responsible for the development and maintenance of software and supports a mainframe (COBOL) and .NET (C#) environment.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.