WO afstudeeropdracht: Create cycles for regeneration interval
For different classes in a similar fashion compared to the cycles created by vehicle department
Exhaust after-treatment systems require periodic regeneration (thermal DPF cleaning). The interval between regenerations is heavily dependent on how the engine is operated. Currently regeneration interval validation is performed in engine test beds using continuous loops of standardized drive cycles.
This method is not representative for actual customer vehicle usage.
Goal of this assignment is to develop a new test cell regeneration interval validation cycle/protocol from field data, that is representative for median vehicle usage by our customers.
This will involve: identifying parameters influencing the regeneration interval, evaluating how those parameters are distributed in customer fleet data and devising a method to condense a median usage test cycle. Strong analytical skills and an interest in data analytics are useful.
Analytical skills, data analytics
Studies in: Automotive, Werktuigbouwkunde, Data analytics
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The Engine Integration & Validation department is responsible for definition, integration, verification, and validation of engine and after treatment families towards performance requirements.
The department is split into 8 groups and the System Performance group holds a vacancy for a graduation project.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.