Master assignment: Data Science & Engineering
Discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver even more value to the organization.
- Team support in topics including data collection, integration, cleansing, exploration and visualization
- Extraction of insights from data with the purpose to support data-driven strategic thinking across business units and functions
- Participation to analytics projects as related to specific objectives and applications
- Generation, evaluation, and deployment of econometric and predictive models
- Documentation and assistance to support and expand the use of existing modeling tools
What we are looking for:
- Preferably master student in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related fields
- Python programming skills; experience with SQL will be a plus
- Strong passion for numbers and data
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- “Hacker” attitude, i.e., desire to solve problems and build things
- Enjoys working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Initiative, curiosity, and willingness to ask questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
start: September 2020
PACCAR IT Europe is part of the global PACCAR IT organization and is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems in Europe for users of DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. PACCAR IT Europe employs more than 250 IT professionals.
Data Science & Engineering (DS&E) department with in PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for making data consumable for business as well as analyzing and extract relevant information to create scalable solutions for business challenges.
We are looking for multiple interns to join our Data Science & Engineering team that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even more value to the organization. Your primary focus will be in understanding the business process and the problem they’re facing, using your analytical mindset to dig into and gather relevant data, research, train, and test models and modeling techniques suitable to solving the problem, and delivering results back to the business in a tangible and coherent way.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on Full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.