Graduation assignment: Forecast Truck Aftermarket Performance
Build-up a model to forecast truck aftermarket sales, opportunities and risk
- Which factors impact and are relevant to the truck aftermarket?
- How to quantify the influence and predict the future aftermarket opportunities and risks?
- Build up a truck aftermarket business model that cover crucial stakeholders in the sectors of economy, market and business;
- Re-evaluate the indictors included in the current business model and look for new indicators based on external – secondary data research, interview of stakeholders within DAF and data extraction of internal database;
- Apply statistical methods to test and quantify the influence of relevant factors on parts sales of DAF trucks;
- Improve or re-build the current forecasting model for parts sales of DAF trucks;
- Improve and restructure the current market intelligence report which summarizes the findings.
- For this assignment we are searching for master student in econometric, data science, quantitative marketing, business administration or other related fields;
- You have strong analytical skills and solid knowledge in statistical modelling;
- You are fluent in the English language, both verbal and written form.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a 100% subsidiary of the American company PACCAR Inc., one of the world’s largest truck manufacturers. PACCAR Parts Europe (PPE), part of the world-wide PACCAR Parts Division, is responsible for the sales and distribution of spare parts to customers in all DAF markets across the world, exclusively through our over 1,000 DAF dealers and TRP stores.
Within PPE, the Market Development & Intelligence department is responsible for identifying new market developments, conducting market studies, determining vehicle parks, calculating after-sales potential, measuring dealer performance and mapping competitors and the transport market. In addition, the department is responsible for developing and implementing business tools for the dealer network and developing existing and new after-sales channels, both within and outside Europe. The department consists of a team of motivated and innovative professionals combined with strong business and analytical backgrounds, with the aim of mapping the complete parts and transport market and initiating the right developments in the field of systems and sales channels.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.