Exterior Specialist Engineering
For our department we are looking for a Specialist in Engineering Plastic Parts for Chassis Exterior components.
As Engineering Specialist you will be responsible for designing visible Chassis Exterior parts (i.e. Bumper, Grille, Head Lamp Panels, Step Covers, Wheel Arches, Side Skirts, but also the structural parts for mounting the visible components). You will work, in a team led by a Lead Engineer, on multiple exciting new projects such as Battery Electric Vehicles, in which you can help shape the future of our new generation DAF Trucks.
You will play a key role in the following activities:
- Development of chassis parts from start to finish
- You will work on current and future projects, this includes new Battery Electric Vehicles.
- Releasing of components for production and test applications in accordance with planning
- Definition and deployment of test assignments
- Preparation of technical specifications and descriptions.
- Initiation of risk analyses and validation plans and intervention in the event of problems or delays
- Implementing quality improvements and cost price reductions
- Presenting progress of projects and technologies to higher management levels (up to BoM level).
- Supervise outsourced work to contractors and maintain contacts with multiple suppliers.
- Building, propagating and securing specialist expertise, including supplier visits, literature study, university collaborations
- For this challenging position, we would like to get in touch with candidates who have an education at Academic level, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- You have demonstrable experience (at least 5 years) in engineering of Plastic (Exterior) Parts
- You have knowledge on working with materials such as ABS, ASA, PA, PE, PP, Composites.
- Also knowledge on processes such as Injection Molding, Resin Transfer Molding (RTM), Sheet Molding Compound (SMC), Blow Molding, Roto Molding is desired.
- Additional experience with Rubber or TPE materials is a pre.
- Experience with A-surfacing has a pre.
- Skills in CAD (UG-NX) and MS Office applications are required
- English in word and writing is a requirement, Dutch and German are desired.
The Engine Installation & Exterior group (~25 FTE) is responsible within Product Development for the realization of projects in the field of Engine Installation components such as Cooling Modules, Engine Mounts, Air Intake Systems, Exhaust Systems, etc. and also Chassis mounted Exterior Parts such as Bumper, Grille, Side Skirts, Headlight Panels, etc.
At DAF you will work in an innovative and committed organization. Cooperation and responsibility are key. We offer you a career with development opportunities. You don't just choose a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
Working together on a high tech product, with passion and pride. That's working at DAF. In addition to a good salary, DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.