DAF International Truck Service (ITS)
Getting you back on the road
In case of a breakdown or any other unexpected situation you can fully rely on DAF International Truck Service. A single telephone call to DAF ITS is enough to mobilize the DAF service organisation throughout the whole of Europe. The DAF ITS call centre is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our experienced operators offer all the assistance needed to get your truck back on the road with the minimum amount of delay.
ITS: a free service for all DAF customers
The advantages of DAF ITS
- One telephone number throughout the whole of Europe:
+31 40 214 3000
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Assistance in ten different languages
- Fast and efficient assistance via 1100 DAF dealers and service points in Europe
- ITS brings peace of mind to the driver, organises a guarantee of payment and handles other financial issues
- An in-house service, located in the heart of the DAF organization
- Also for trailer, superstructure and the driver
- Dedicated and highly trained technicians ensure that most of the vehicles are repaired on the spot
- ITS will alert the driver’s home base and inform the company about the latest progress on repairs
- Your truck back on the road with a minimum amount of delay
24 / 7
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Whenever a call comes in, ITS does not just contact the dealer or service point that will provide the assistance, but also the dealer where the vehicle is normally serviced. This enables the ITS operator to immediately organise a guarantee of payment, so that the driver does not need to worry about financial matters. It goes without saying that ITS also alerts the driver's home base, if this has not already been done, and keeps the company up to date on the progress of the repairs.
Assistance in ten different languages
Anyone calling the DAF ITS number (+31 40 214 30 00) today is answered by one of the ITS operators, each of whom speaks at least six languages. ITS can offer drivers assistance in a total of ten different languages. Modern computer equipment ensures that the nearest DAF service point to the stranded vehicle can be determined extremely quickly. The speed of response has always been one of the great strengths of ITS. After all, the sooner a truck is back on the road, the better. What's more, assistance is not limited just to the vehicle itself - help is also provided for the trailer, the superstructure or even the driver.
By the late 60s and early 70s, international road transport had already taken off in a big way. DAF drivers who had been stranded due to a breakdown or accident would call the DAF headquarters in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, and usually spoke to someone from the "International Sales" department. They were always offered help immediately, but the need for a structured and professional way to deal with these calls led to the creation in 1972 of ITS (International Truck Service), which at the time was unique in the field of commercial vehicles.