Graduation project: Supplier Quality Process Audit Tool
Define, challenge, evaluate and document PACCAR business requirements of a global supplier audit tool
Part of defect free suppliers consists of supplier selection and supplier monitoring where SQA plays a crucial part in selecting the right supplier for a given commodity.
The tool we currently use for this process is an extensive, tailor-made and globally used process audit tool. This tool can be used in many different circumstances depending on the management decision that needs to be supported.
The system is home-grown and has reached the limits of maintainability and lacks modern user-friendliness. The man dependency in using the tool is too high and requires improvement.
We are looking to upgrade this system and would like the student to:
- Investigate and document tool/system requirements to match current functionality, improve for man-dependency, increase user-friendliness while taking into consideration future developments and benchmark information.
- Scan the IT market for suitable audit tools, compare, evaluate and advice.
- Student Information technology or industrial engineering and management
- Communication skills
- Process thinker
- Fluent in English
DAF Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) monitors and manages the global DAF supply base towards a zero defect performance. Key building processes are: defect free products, defect free suppliers and continuous improvement.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (Bachelor) or € 450,- (Master) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.