Purchasing Manager Connectivity
New Technology Expert on Connect Technology & Software with good negotiating skills.
As a Purchasing Manager (internally called a Commodity Manager), you are responsible for the entire purchasing process for an assigned group of products (commodity). You are involved in the development process for new technology and services from an early stage and you are the link between external suppliers and internal customers in the automotive industry.
- For DAF Connect related activities and services, you are responsible for selecting suppliers and carry out contract negotiations. This is done by focusing on quality, price and reliability of supply;
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continuous improvement from your suppliers;
- You strive to involve suppliers as early as possible in our development processes;
- You also continuously undertake market research and benchmarking in order to benefit from new trends in the global supplier market with regard to connected services and embedded software solutions
- Initiate and coordinate the connection of DAF suppliers and set up related project structure and processes for connected services and embedded software solutions
- Prepare and provide input for defining the purchasing strategy with regard to connectivity
- Define and set up 3rd party data exchange agreements
- You will report to the Manager Purchasing, Systems and Q&E.
- You possess a bachelor of master degree;
- NEVI 1 and 2 diplomas are preferred;
- Preferably several years' experience in purchasing connected services and embedded software solutions and have in-depth knowledge of these connected services and embedded software solutions and the market. You may also have gained experience in working with connected services and embedded software solutions in a different role;
- You have experience in working with IT, connectivity and embedded software projects.
- You have experience in working internationally and a good knowledge of English and, preferably, German;
- You have good communication skills and are entrepreneurial.
You will be part of a new purchasing group that will be setup for New Technology & (Embedded) Software within PACCAR Purchasing Europe. New technologies contain more and more (embedded) software, connectivity and electrification. New advanced systems require knowledge on integration and close monitoring of new market developments. Within purchasing we will further develop the purchasing activities in relation to connected services (DAF Connect), Electrification and (Embedded) Software with knowledge and project management. These new technologies are often related to multiple product and purchasing groups and global based platforms. Close cooperation with product development and IT departments in Europe and North America will be daily activity.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A good retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!