A technical discussion partner with good negotiating skills responsible for the purchasing of Electronic and Electrical Systems
As a purchaser Electronic and Electrical Systems, also known as a Purchasing Manager (internally calleda Commodity Manager), you are responsible for the entire purchasing process for Electronic and Electrical System. Creating best-in-class supply chains to support new features as Connectivity, Human Machine Interfaces and Advanced Driver Assistant System functionalities. As a Purchasing Manager, you are involved in the development process for new products from an early stage and you are the link between external suppliers and internal customers.
- You are responsible for selecting suppliers and carry out contract negotiations. This is done by focusing on quality, price and reliability of supply;
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continuous improvement from your suppliers;
- You strive to involve suppliers as early as possible in our development processes;
- You also continuously undertake market research and benchmarking in order to benefit from new trends in the global supplier market.
As Purchasing Manager you will report to the Unit Manager.
- You possess a higher vocational or university qualification in a subject such as electrical engineering, mechatronics or automotive engineering;
- NEVI 1 and 2 diplomas are preferred;
- Preferably several years' experience in purchasing of Electronic and Electrical Systems and have in-depth knowledge of the products. As a Purchasing Manager within Purchasing Electronic and Electrical Systems, you must have relevant technical skills. Only then you can be an effective discussion partner for both engineers and suppliers. You may also have gained this technical experience in a different role, for example as a Process Engineer or Product Engineer;
- You have experience in working internationally and a good knowledge of English and, preferably, German;
- You have good communication skills and are entrepreneurial.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.