As an IT Trainee you will be introduced to all DAF business domains during a program of 2 years.
As an IT Trainee you’ll be introduced to all DAF business domains during a program of 2 years. The starting point for each domain are the mainframe applications, which are the core of automation at DAF. You will learn to design and create Cobol applications and to maintain the platform.
You will work closely with architects, developers/designers and information analysts in both waterfall and agile scrum projects. You are also involved in troubleshooting in case of incidents and optimization of the existing applications.
- You have a technical bachelor or master degree (e.g. Informatics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Automotive Engineering or similar).
- You have experience with software development.
- You are eager to improve your technical skillset and have the ambition to keep learning.
- You have a focus on software quality, you can challenge a solution and promote different viewpoints if necessary.
- You have a good sense of responsibility and a proactive attitude.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English, verbal and written.
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems in Europe for users of DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe, more than 250 IT professionals are employed.
The PACCAR IT Europe Delivery Center is responsible for application development, maintenance and support on both IBM Mainframe and Microsoft based systems. The applications cover all major business areas of DAF Trucks: Purchasing, Product Development, Truck Sales, Production, Logistics, Parts, After Sales and Finance. Examples of applications are:
- The 3D DAF Truck Configurator.
- The ITS (International Truck Service) application supporting the 24/7 call center by handling road side assistance requests throughout Europe.
- The European Parts System supports all PACCAR Parts dealers with ordering, invoicing and return programs and supports the Parts Distribution Centers with order handling and delivery.
- The custom Product Development application that securely transfers configuration and calibration settings into the embedded controllers of our trucks.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A good retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.