Internship: Vendor Risk Management
Assignment for HBO or WO student in the field of Facility Management or Economical study
Vendor Management should align with the IT Roadmap and Architecture landscape and determine with the different departments which Vendors will be qualified to work with DAF now and in the future.
To evaluate the vendors we need to do Risk Assessments. We have several departments that evaluate vendors on for example security, GDPR and financial sustainability. But there is no overall Risk assessment protocol to determine if a vendor is qualified for DAF. The vendor risk assessment is a very critical step in vetting and ongoing monitoring of DAF’s vendors. The assessment will give a better understanding of the risk posed by each one of DAF’s vendor relationships. Any third-party risk is also DAF’s risk. Common risks associated with third-party vendors range from everything to operational risk, to financial and reputational loss and compliance risk.
The goal of the project is to come up with a Risk Assessment protocol which ensures DAF of working with qualified Vendors. In order to set up this protocol you’ll have to involve the right departments and write a procedure/process together. (f.e. Purchasing, Vendor Management, Quality, Security, Legal etc.)
- Thorough analysis of the current way of working
- A future proof Vendor Risk Assessment protocol and process design for the above mentioned problem
- HBO/WO in the field of Facility Management or Economical study
- Purchasing knowledge
- Result oriented
- Able to work together in a team
- Able to adjust to any (stressful) situation
Vendor Management is a department within IT, that is responsible for Third Party Relation Management and also Sourcing, Performance and Risk Assessment of our IT Vendors.
Vendor Management has been placed under a new department called: Enterprise Architecture, Quality and Vendor Management. This department is responsible for setting up the IT roadmap and Architecture landscape for the upcoming years.
A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.