Internship: Research how to manage license costs in trucks
Investigate how DAF can manage the (license) cost agreements with it's suppliers.
With more lines of software code than in a jet fighter, encryptions on par with those of banks, and connections to numerous of cloud systems, DAF Trucks heavily rely on the latest digital technologies to continuously improve safety, security, efficiency, and autonomy. This internship brings you straight to the center of these new developments. You will be investigating how DAF Purchasing can manage the (license) cost agreements with it's suppliers, to simplify the cost management and comply to the contracts.
This can be done via a benchmark study, best practices analysis or differently in order to propose the best possible fit to manage these costs.
For this internship, we are looking for:
- HBO/WO student in the field of Business Administration, Commercial & Technical, IT, Purchasing
|DAF wants to give substance to "Strategic Supply Management" in an effective, proactive and interdisciplinary manner, in the following five areas: Quality, Logistics, Know-how, Competitive position and Competitive position Price. The supplier must have a favorable market position and financial position & the total costs within the value chain must be competitive.
The work at the Department of Purchasing takes place in an inspiring and challenging environment. Correctly managing relationships with our suppliers is essential for our continuing success as a truck manufacturer. Purchasing Systems focuses on selecting, implementing and maintaing the right tools, IT software and processes to support this critical business process optimally.
The roadmap will cover all DAF plants worldwide and is aligned with the roadmap for purchasing at PACCAR in Seattle.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.