Internship: Lost sales counterfeit exterior body parts
Is there a businesscase to protect DAF body parts with design patents
What is the scale of counterfeit parts for DAF trucks and how effective is desigh patent protection This internship should give facts, figures and trends about the lost sales of Paccar Parts due to Counterfeit parts. The outcome should give direction on the effort of DAF to prevent missuse of its designs and to protect its design rights.
- Law, marketing, communication or business administration student HBO/WO;
- IP affinity is recommended
- Third year student of graduation student;
- You are pro-active, communicative, independent, tenacious.
PACCAR Parts Europe (PPE) is a trade name of Daf Trucks N.V. PPE works closely with DAF Trucks in Europe in order to grow the sales of spare parts to over 1,000 DAF dealers, TRP stores and customers around the world. To satisfy our customers’ ‘one stop shop’ requirement, PACCAR Parts sells DAF branded parts for DAF truck applications, PACCAR branded parts for PACCAR engine applications and TRP and vendor branded parts for applications on other brands of trucks, trailers and workshop items. PPE has employees in all major European markets and PACCAR Distributions Centers (PDC) in Eindhoven, Leyland, Madrid, Budapest, Moscow, Panama and Ponta Grossa.
Product Marketing of PACCAR Parts Europe is responsible for all activities in the product marketing area of DAF, PACCAR en TRP parts. This contains all genuine spare parts and assessories for DAF/PACCAR vehicles and components. Main tasks of Product Marketing are analyzing, maintaining, expanding and pricing the parts assortiment to achieve sales- and profit targets.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) or € 450,- (WO) based on 36 hours;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.