Emission Compliance Specialist
Specialist in North American emission legislation with strong communication skills
At DAF Trucks N.V. we are looking for a North American (NA) Emission Compliance Specialist who will ensure that our trucks meet the NA emission regulations.
- Set-up and maintain a structured method to disseminate gathered knowledge to the DAF engineering groups;
- Define impact of current and future legal requirements on our current and future product program;
- Write legal requirement specifications for the engineering department;
- Analyze company processes and procedures and initiate improvements;
- Attend congresses, symposia and other events to keep track of upcoming NA emission legislation for heavy duty vehicles;
- Align interpretations of legal requirements on corporate level (PACCAR);
- Build and maintain a network with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor, preferably Master, in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- Multiple years of experience in either:
- Development of emission legislation at or in cooperation with governmental agencies;
- Managing North American emission certification activities;
- Development of sophisticated emission control systems;
- Excellent and adaptable communication skills;
- The ability to plan & organize meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
- A flexible approach with respect to traveling;
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch language.
The department Standards & Homologation (S&H) is responsible for all European engine and vehicle type approvals. Secondly, S&H also has the end responsibility for compliance to North American (Californian & federal) emission legislation. DAF Trucks N.V. now seeks to appoint an North American (NA) emission compliance specialist to strengthen the S&H department.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek;
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results;
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours);
- A retirement plan and group health insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join DAF!