Commodity Manager Cabin Parts
As a Commodity Manager within the Cab Purchasing Group 2 team (PG2) you are responsible for the overall procurement of Seats, Mudguards and Injection Moulding parts
As a Commodity Manager Cabin parts you are responsible for the overall procurement of Seats, Mudguards and Injection Moulding parts.
- You will act as the ‘spider in the web’ between external suppliers and the internal customers, including Brazil Assembly Plant, Columbus Engine Plant and European Operations
- You will be responsible for a sound supplier selection and perform the contract negotiations
- You will buy the necessary products subject to the most favorable conditions in terms of quality, price and delivery reliability
- You will support and be active in early supplier involvement in new developments. In addition, you constantly engage in conducting market research and benchmarking in order to respond quickly to new market trends
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continued improvement from your suppliers
- You have a completed bachelor or master degree in e.g. commercial automotive engineering, or (technical) business studies
- You have 2 - 5 years work experience with the ambition to grow as a professional buyer in the automotive industry
- You have experience in working internationally and possess good communication skills, are representable and a skilled negotiator
- You have excellent communication skills in English
The work at the Department of Purchasing takes place in an international, challenging and inspiring environment. Within PG2, components are sourced for the entire truck (engine, chassis and cabin). This position is focusing on cabin components. Correctly managing relationships with our suppliers is essential for our continuing success as a truck manufacturer. Purchasing has a strategic and crucial role in the acquisition of competitive products and services. As a Commodity Manager, you will have a central role in this process.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then DAF is your employer!
In addition to a good salary DAF offers you the following working conditions:
- A 36-hour workweek
- 27 Vacation days and a possibility of 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- A variable bonus, based on DAF results
- A good work-life balance (due to flexible working hours)
- A good retirement plan and group health insurance
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses
Drive your career, join DAF!