HBO/WO internship: IT Cost Transparency
Get an overview of the Total Costs of Ownership (TCO) of the Finance & Services applications
Infrastructure & Operations is a department within IT that is responsible for the entire infrastructure of all our DAF Trucks locations.
There are many applications and software that run on this infrastructure for which we pay a yearly maintenance and/or subscription fee to several Vendors. Besides the yearly maintenance and subscription fees there are more costs to take into consideration, f.e. the labor costs to maintain the infrastructure or the costs for hardware to install these applications on.
These last costs are hardly taken into consideration when it comes to budget forecasting. It could be that the maintenance costs are relatively low but that the costs for labor to maintain the application are high. That’s why I&O would like to get more transparency in these costs to base their budget decisions on.
The department would like to get an overview of the Total Costs of Ownership (TCO) of the Finance & Services applications to start with as a pilot. The goal of the project is to make the costs of the Finance & Services (F&S) applications transparent so TCO improvement opportunities can be identified. Deliverables are:
- TCO calculator for all applications Finance & Services
- An advisory report on TCO efficiency for these applications. (In English)
- Financial analysis (TCO knowledge considered a plus);
- Preferably Economy and or International Business student;
- English language.
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for developing, supporting and maintaining information systems for users in Europe of DAF Trucks, PACCAR PARTS, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe we have 250 IT-Professionals. Infrastructure & Operations has 85 employees of which 70 work in Eindhoven.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375 (HBO) and € 450 (WO) per month on full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF;
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!;
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.