Drivers quickly learn how to generate maximum efficiency from their trucks and are, both literally and figuratively, familiarised with their vehicles. This leads directly to lower operating costs and a reduced impact on the environment.
Topics discussed during the training sessions include:
- Vehicle familiarisation – LF, CF, XF105
- Daily walk-around checks
- Are you sitting comfortably? Seat, steering and mirror adjustments
- Digital information panel – including oil warnings, fuel consumption, trip information
- On-board diagnostics
- Digital tachograph operation
- Operation of traction control, traction assist and dump switch
- Hill start aid
- Effective use of the exhaust brake and MX engine brake
- Cruise control and personal speed limiters
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- AS Tronic and AS Tronic Lite control mode
- Fuel-efficient driving style and factors that affect fuel economy
Your DAF dealer will be happy to discuss the various DAF in-cab training options that are available to you. See the DAF DealerLocator to find the address of your dealer.